Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday

Now playing on my iPod, Nancy Sinatra, "These Boots are Made for Walkin':

No Black Friday shopping for me.  I ordered two new art books online yesterday.  Besides, where would I go shopping?  Ridleys?


I finished this watercolor of a buffalo yesterday.  Maybe he needs more shadow under him.  I wanted to paint some sagebrush, but couldn't pull it off.

A couple years ago, Barrie, Kasey and I were in West Yellowstone for a sled dog race.  We were in the race headquarters for the drivers' meeting, and there was a mounted buffalo head on the wall.  Some woman from Minnesota had Kasey on her lap and was talking to her.  She pointed to the buffalo head, and told Kasey, "See the bison?  That's a bison."

Kasey looked at her like she was nuts and said "That's a buffalo." 

Chloe came to visit yesterday and finished off the dish of cat food.  Kat watched her, then reached out with her front paw and swatted Chloe on the head.  Chloe laid her ears back, but didn't pay any more attention to her.

2 comments:

Charmian said...

Really like the ethereal quality of your "bison" painting, Duene!

What books did you order?

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goosebumps... nps.