Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday

A cold gray day outside. Looks like it wants to snow.
I am reading "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote. That guy sure goes into detail.  For some reason, I thought that was the only book he wrote, but I checked on Amazon, and he's authored several books.  I was surprised to see he wrote "Breakfast at Tiffany's".



I was looking through some National Geographic photos online the other day, and found this picture of a snowy owl.  Wow!  Breathtaking photo, isn't it?

XM Radio already has a channel for Christmas music.  I'm not listening, it's too early.  Besides, I have a playlist of my favorite Christmas songs on my iPod.  I just don't care much for most of the new music.  Give me Bing Crosby any day, singing "White Christmas".


3 comments:

DADD said...

what, you don't like Gramma got run over by a reindeer.
Well that make two of us.
Yes, give me White Christmas any day

Duene said...

Actually, Roger I prefer "Gramma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" to "Jingle Bell Rock". I don't like it when they take an old traditonal Christmas song and redo it as a rap or as rock and roll. Tacky.

DADD said...

I with you on that one also. There are a lot of those "crappy" Christmas songs out there.
Just play me some good old mellow Christmas tunes, and I will one happy camper.

Here is a list of tunes I enjoy.
Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer
Little Drummer Boy
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
Do You Hear What I Hear
Silent Night
White Christmas
Jingle Bells

Cute ones
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
Here Comes Santa Claus
Little Drummer Boy
Blue Christmas

Hey, it has more than 10 days without a photo of Kasey. What gives.