Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday

I brought another photo album upstairs today to scan some photos.  The one I brought up contained the pictures from when we went to Alaska.  I very seldom look at it.  It's a shame I had such a cheap little camera back then - probably a little seven dollar Kokak Instamatic.  Anyway, there wasn't much in the album worth scanning


This old cabin was in White Horse, and is the cabin of Sam McGee.  I didn't even know Sam McGee was supposed to be a real person.  He was a character in one of Robert Service's poems (published in 1908), "The Cremation of Sam McGee."  I googled it to make sure I had the author right, and found a YouTube video of Johnny Cash reading the poem.  Wonderful!



This is a sternwheeler we saw in Whitehorse.

********************
 
I'm fixing some rice in the rice cooker, and hard boiled eggs in the microwave.  I'm having eggs in curry sauce served over the rice. 
 
********************
 

 


No comments: