Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday

I think Miriam and I are sick of Chinese brush painting.  Lenore, on the other hand, produced a small one of flowers today that she matted.  It was great.  I filled ten practice sheets with Bamboo stalks and leaves.  I think years from now I will still be practicing bamboo.  I should get Charmain's video back to her, but want to watch it one more time.  Maybe something will click!

Spent most of the day yesterday reading the manual (online) for my little La Crosse weather stations.  Getting them set up is not easy.  You have to insert the batteries in the outdoor sensor before you put them in the indoor station.  Then wait for them to communicate.  Then you  have to press "Set" three times and set the time zone for -7, which is the code for Mountain time.  Then you have to keep pressing "Set" before you can set it for AM or PM, press it some more to change the date, and press "in" to change the month, and "out" to change the day. 

Exhausting!

************************
 
I got my "Dear Santa" letter sent to Tracy.  She always gets disgusted with me because when I see something I want, I just buy it, and she never knows what to get me for Christmas.  I told her I want a
 "stick vacuum", a small vac to keep upstairs.  I used to have one years ago, and I guess I wore it out.
 
*************************
 


2 comments:

Charmian said...

Even the old masters practice bamboo over and over again. The leaves are a basic stroke for almost everything else. Maybe you could do something different for awhile; then come back to it. You might be surprised at how much progress you have actually made. Should I drop by the art group sometime and see how things are going....not that I'm so very great, that's for sure!! And, I could leave a couple more lessons for you.

Judi said...

I'd like to see some of that bamboo before it's all thrown out.