Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday

 
I watched a 1954 movie last night, "River of No Return" with Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum.  I saw the movie years ago, love the sound track, and the scenery was spectacular.  I think it was filmed in Canada and Idaho. I've been humming the song River of No Return all day.
 
In my early high school years, an aunt gave me a pair of boots, tall English style riding boots.  Marilyn wore tight (usually wet) jeans in that movie, and tall boots.  I imagine I looked more like a spider in mine.
 
I've never been able to figure out Marilyn Monroe.  I think she was a terrible actress!  I guess she was pretty, but I think it took a lot of makeup and hair dressers to make her look that way. 
 
The day after she died, I was taking my driver's licence exam in Tucson, Arizona.  When it was time to have my photograph taken for the license, the guy joked with us he had actually been hired that day to find and photograph a replacement for Marilyn.  Funny guy!
 
**********************
 
The feather I photographed yesterday is Kasey's and Barrie says it from a Red Tail hawk.
 
And the cookbook I found is terrible.  No wonder Tracy palmed it off on me.  Want to make steak and tomato pudding?  Or lamb and tomato pudding?  Maybe brains with black butter?  Or tripe?  I'm having chili dogs today!
 


No comments: