Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday

There were six of us at art group this morning.  Not a very big crowd, but it's quality that counts, right?
 
I worked on this pencil drawing of Kat this morning, and vowed that I would work more on it this afternoon.  It's far from finished, but it's to the point where I need to give it a rest and look at it a while.  I find that photographing something and looking at it on the computer screen gives it a whole new perspective.

I think I'll also watch a video I have by a woman who draws animals a lot.  She always gives me some incentive.

And Kat got her second mouse of the week last night.  She left it in the middle of the bathroom floor. I would give her a treat, but she won't eat anything except dry cat food,  and she won't allow me to pet her.  Maybe she just knows I appreciate her.

**************************
Barrie ordered a pickup truck load of dog food, and it came in last night.  A friend of hers (from Montana, I think) brought it down, and they are unloading it in the basement right now.

 **************************
I baked a loaf of bread this afternoon. (With the help of the bread machine, of course.)  It's plain white bread this time.  Wish I had some bologna and potato chips!
 

  

3 comments:

DADD said...

I don't know Kat very well, but doesn't her head look to big?

Judi said...

I would think those mice would love your basement full of dog food & not even bother to come upstairs. Glad Kat is on-the-job for you.

Duene said...

Roger, notice the angle of the sides of the paper in the photograph. It is wider at the top than at the bottom. That's why her head looks larger. I just need to take a better photo with a better perspective.