Saturday, February 16, 2013

Saturday

A cup of coffee tastes extra good this morning.  Couldn't get the Keurig to work yesterday morning, and then the door on the trash compactor got stuck mid-cycle.  Barrie got the coffee machine working this morning, and I sat on a chair and pushed the compactor door in hard with both feet and got it to finish. 

**************************
 
Spring must be coming.  A little mouse decided to come out of hibernation and was evidently exploring in the kitchen.  He ended up on my floor, a present from Kat.  I decided once to keep a sort of chart to see how many mice she catches.  I think she is up to thirty.  Yeah, Kat!
 
*************************
I wish I had enough wall space to hang more of these enameled metal pieces. 


 
I bought one of these horses for Tracy several years ago, and liked it so much I ordered one for myself.  This hangs in my upstairs bathroom.  It's about 27" long.


 
The sun hangs on the wall above the stairs.  It's 24" across.  Maybe I'll get on the Internet and shop for enamaled metal wall hangings - just for fun. 
 
**********************
I was watching a movie last night.  Does anyone remember this line?
 
"I never surrendered, but they took my horse and made him surrender."
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

DADD said...

That is from a Clint Eastwood movie "The Outlaw Josey Wales"
Said by the old indian Chief.

Yes. a good kick of hit with the hand fixex a lot of things

MOM/Gina said...

Sometimes when my Kurig acts up..unpluging it..while it's on..resets things. Also..you have to clean out the little spout sometimes. I use a partially straightened paper clip.

Judi said...

The metal enamel horse is pretty cool. I saw some Picasso sketches last week that were simple like that.

Anonymous said...

I have an enamel light switch cover that I'm not using, if you want it. TL

Tracy LeClair said...

P.S. I think its Kokopelli. TL