Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday

I guess I should have watched more of the Super Bowl yesterday.  I quit watching during the halftime show, not really my thing.  Is that singing? I liked the farmer commercial.
********************
 
  Hurricane Barrie struck again yesterday.  She took one load of things to the Food Basket, shampooed the living room carpet, and rearranged and cleaned more stuff out of  my old bedroom downstairs.  She is going to move the aquarium in there, just hasn't decided yet what to put it on. Kasey seemed pretty happy with it.
 
And just to irritate Barrie, I am still adding to the pile of things for the Food Basket - a bunch of quilting magazines today.
 
*********************
 
I am reading "The Great Gatsby" on my Kindle.  I've had the paperback edition a long time and have never been able to get interested it.  Then I watched the movie (Robert Redford).  It was one of the Amazon Prime movies (free)  and now I am enjoying the book. 
 
 
This could be Pinedale.
 
*********************************
 
I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from Bill Cosby.
 

 

6 comments:

Judi said...

That Bill Cosby quote could be said of teaching first graders. Another one: "it's like trying to hold 32 corks underwater at the same time".

I didn't watch much of the Super Bowl either, but I did see the Farmer commercial. It was very good. I always liked Paul Harvey.

I'm reading Lost Horizons - re Shanghai La.

Duene said...

That book was a reading assignment when I was in high school. I was not happy about it until I started to read it. I loved it. Also like the movie, an old black and white film.

Sally said...

The quote I use with the team that works for me is: "Like herding cats." Both yours and Judi's would be appropriate also!! :)

Duene said...

When I was teaching kindergarten, I compared it to herding chickens.

Charmian said...

The Budweiser commercial brought tears to my eyes. Love those Clydesdales!!

Rollie said...

When I was a sophomore in high school the senior play was "Lost Horizons". I was asked to be in the play and I had the role of Mallinson.
Long time ago.