Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday

I mentioned yesterday that the Iditarod Sled Dog Race was beginning soon in Anchorage.  The famous Alaska Fur Rondy has just completed, and I was looking at some photos of it on the computer.   This has got to be more fun for the residents of Anchorage,  The event is a sprint race, and lasts the entire weekend.  So fans get to watch the teams leave and finish every day.  And they have so many other activities - - softball games, snow sculpture, etc.

 
Seems they have a little moose problem on the trail this year.  This cow tried to attack every team that went through, and they had a big crew of police and trail crew to keep her off the teams.  How would you like to be that musher?  The dogs look a little frantic too.  After the race was completed, she calmly wandered off with her calf.

***************************
 
I will be a blithering idiot by the time I am through today.  Not only did my new computer come, but the replacement remote for DishNet came.  Both have to be set up.  It was suprisingly easy to set up the remote, but the computer is something else. 
 
I got as far as trying to set up my e-mail, and got the message I was not connected to the Internet.  My home network showed up, I chose it, and entered the password.  Don't know what happened.  I am going through the tutorial now, which is Greek to me.  I guess I will just keep slogging through it all.
 


2 comments:

DADD said...

It sounds that your like me. When it comes to all those instruction for doing serious computer thing. it's like my eyes stop focusing and I have no idea what to do next.
It starts to become trial and error.

Is Chloe and her buddy still around?

Judi said...

I do not have the patience for learning how to use new programs. Can't they just make it simple? Good luck, Duene!