Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday

 
Most of my days are thoroughtly wasted being retired.  This morning I was productive and made  oatmeal cookies.  I ate one, and it was good, but tasted like I didn't bake it long enough. I'll let Kasey decide if they're good or not.

************************
 
I watched the movie "Goodbye Girl" yesterday.  The name of the film sounded familiar, but I don't remember seeing it before.  I read later that Richard Dreyfuss won an academy award for best actor in that film.  Frankly, I thought the little girl was better. Then I realized I've seen Richard Dreyfuss in quite a few films recently.  I just didn't recognize him.
 


This photo reminds me so much of a high school reunion I attended  one year in Shoshoni.  After the banquet and speeches, we were to go to the firehall to dance.  No live band, just a kid with loud music and amplifiers.  It was hot and noisy in the firehall, and not much of a place to visit, so a couple of friends and I went back outside.  My pickup was parked right next to the entrance, and I had a cooler in the back.  We sat on the tailgate and everyone who came and went stopped to visit with us.  Cool night air, no loud music to try to talk over, and we got to visit with everyone.

There's just something inviting about a pickup with the tailgate down.



1 comment:

Judi said...

Sounds like the one & only HS Reunion I went to. No visiting - just loud music. What a waste. I've never gone to another. Wish I'd have had a pick-up & cooler with me.