Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday

I've been seeing  a lot of muffin tin recipes on the Internet lately, everything from chicken pies or meatloaf to quiche.  I tried a recipe yesterday for biscuits.  They turned out really good!

 
The recipe called for self rising flour, which I don't have, but you can make it by using 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt per cup of flour.  I only made four biscuits, so I only needed one cup of it.  I think next time I'll only use 1/4 tsp salt.

The recipe calls for cutting 2 Tbsp mayonnaise into the flour, and stirring in 1/2 cup milk.  Baked at 425° for 15 minutes.

It would have been a quick and easy fix if I hadn't spent 30 minutes looking through my kitchen for my pastry blender.  The Bandysnatcher has struck again! 

*************************
 


Barrie got home from her last house sitting job, and Kasey will be home tonight from spending spring break with her father.  It will be nice to have everybody home, but I think Barrie has another house sitting job next week.

*******************
 
I've not made much progress on the 700 plus page book on Photoshop CS6. 
 
 
I've started a new colored pencil drawing of a chipmunk.  

1 comment:

Judi said...

Those biscuits look so good. I used to make a chocolate cake with mayo. Everyone would wrinkle their nose at that ingredient, but the cake was delicious.