Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday

My friend Claire F. stopped by for a short visit this morning.  It was so good to see her.  Hope to see more of her now that she's back.

 
 
These Siberian iris are blooming outside my window.  I have to kind of crane my neck to see them, though. 

******************
 

My friend Charm said they have lots of humming birds at their feeders, up in the Boulder Lake area.  So I decided to fill mine today.

First, I will probably get evicted, or at least seriously chastised, because I tried to take the screen out so I could just reach out the window and get the feeder to fill it.  I bent the frame of the window screen.  It is aluminum, and that stuff is very unforgiving if you bend it.  Finally got the frame back in, and went to Plan B.

I got the sugar water ready, set it on that damned fence, then walked down to the end of the fence, steadied myself with the post so I could get down the bank, walked down to the other end and grabbed it to get back up the bank onto the lawn.  So far so good, but I was in my stocking feet and the bark and stuff on the edge of the lawn hurt my feet.  Also, I felt like I was tipping over all the time.

Lessons learned:

     Wear shoes
      Take along a cane or the little walker.  Although I don't even know how to use a cane.

Now we'll see if I get any humming birds or just a bunch of ants. 

********************
I'm listening to Dan Seals on my iPod.  My two most favorite male singers are Chris LeDoux and Dan Seals.  They both died way too young.



3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Hummmm..hope the hummers love it.

Charmian said...

What we don't do for those birds! Hope they appreciate it (when they find it, that is).

DADD said...

I have been gone for 2 weeks, did you miss me?
Just to catch up on some of your older posts.

I'm glad you figured out that you like corned beef. My family has it 3 or 4 times a year. Great stuff, we make it with cabbage, potatoes and lots of carrots.
Look at all the enjoyment you missed out over the years.

What ever happened to Chloe, that Kasey got a new cat?
Kind of interesting that Kat follows you around outside your room now.

When I left for my little trip I forgot my laptop, and had to borrow one. I couldn't get along with the touch pad, it seemed to have a mind of it own. So I bought a mouse to plug in to it, then I got along better with it. But I didn't have any blog addresses so I didn't get any reading done