Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday

Although I didn't think California Chrome could really do it, I was rooting for him all the way.  I wish they hadn't interviewed his owner right after the race.  He came off looking really bad, even if what he said might be true. 

************************

Tracy called yesterday.  Her last day working for the Summit Co. Sheriff's Department was last week.  She  had applied for a position with the Eagle River Fire Protection District, but didn't get the job.  But they notified her and offered her the job.  So instead of a nice vacation, she has only five days. 

She and Paul are going to Aspen for the weekend, then it's back to work for her!

**************
 
 

Substitute the word "cat" for "dog" and this describes me perfectly!

**********************
I started a new painting and forgot that I don't get along well with the heavy, 300 lb. paper.  I know it's better than what I usually use, but I'm not used to it and am getting unexpected (but not good) results.   
 
*****************
 
I know people who collect and read Louie L'Amour books, but I have never read them.  And I've only read one Zane Gray book that I can remember.  But I downloaded a Louie L'Amour book to my Kindle yesterday.  I almost hope I don't like it.  The man was a prolific writer, and it would take me years to read all his work! 
 
 


2 comments:

DADD said...

Sorry to say, if you like Zane's novels, you will like Louie's books also.
I like them both.
So get busy and start reading.

Judi said...

Did you see the news about Bill W (Calvin & Hobbes) drawing for "Pearls Before Swine"?