Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday

The caterpillars came today.  There's not much to do except look at them for the next 5 to 10 days, according to the directions.  KC is not here today, so she doesn't know they arrived.

Meanwhile, the big Swallowtail Butterfly is still alive.  I read on the Internet that the average life span of a butterfly is usually less than 30 days.  His will probably be less.  He's looking pretty tattered, and I have no idea if he's getting enough to eat. 

*****************
 
 
My laptop cart came yesterday, and I told KC she could keep the box.  It kept her busy all afternoon, turning it into a little cave.  She also used the better part of a roll of scotch tape. 
 
This morning, the box started jumping, and I found Kat playing in there.  Kids and Kats love boxes!  The housekeeper vacuumed around it this morning.
 
*****************
 

 

"Selfies" are the rage, and KC and I decided we would take some selfies.  Gee, I wonder which is which!  Oh yeah, the eyelashes are a dead giveaway.
 
*****************
 
 

I actually finished something.  This little 5"7" pencil drawing turned out okay.



3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Turned out more than ok.

Judi said...

Your eyes are a lovely shade of blue! The selfies are ingenious. Your close-ups are so clear!

I need to show you my camera. It used to have a close-up flower icon that appeared automatically, but a couple weeks ago, it quit appearing on my screen. I want it back!

Betty C said...

Those are the best selfies I have seen! Great "eye"dea! :)