Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday

My daily blog seems to have become an every other day blog.  Busy or lazy?   A little of each, I guess.

*********************
 
I worked with my "backup" computer yesterday, so this computer wasn't even on most of the day.  I installed a couple new things, backed up files on this computer, and restored them to the other one. 
 
I am using the touch pad on this computer today, and it is working fine.  Maybe it just needed to rest. (Yeah, right!)  I know it's dying.
 
 
I thought I would share this photo I took of Fremont Lake a couple years ago.  I have a program called "Photo Stitch" that will take two photos taken from the same viewpoint and find matching points and merge them together into one photo.  It works really well, especially if you have your camera on a tripod and can pan carefully.

*************
I am reading a new book and every chapter begins with a gem of wisdom supposedly from the grandpa of the hero of the story.
 
  • Grandpa Garnier:  If you're gonna go, go like hell.  If your minds not made up, don't use your spurs.
  • Grandpa Garnier:  Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
  • Grandpa Garnier:  If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around.
  • Grandpa Garnier:  Never miss a good chance to shut up.
I love those jewels of wisdom.  I wonder where they came from.
 
 

Is this the daring young lady on the flying trapeze?
 
Barrie was running the Animal Clinic by herself the other day, and KC was with her.  A dog they had took a turn for the worse, and Barrie wasn't able to reach Susie.  Barrie knew she had to do something, so she had KC hold the dog down for her, and she put a catheter in the dog and administered something.  Maybe antibiotics, or something.  Anyway, the dog came out of it, got up and ate.  KC was pretty excited about it.


1 comment:

Judi said...

Nice Work, Barrie & Kasey! You make a good team.