Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday

On this day in 2007:

 
This picture was taken from my back yard.  Who remembers this event?  It was during the fires up Horse Creek, and sometimes there was so much smoke in town the streetlights turned on.

*********************
 
A lazy day for me today.  No Kasey, the apartment has been cleaned, and I have a good book and a new movie.  Also, listening to Tom T. Hall on my iPod.
 
 

This brings back memories.  I hope Ronnie's teacher gives this to Ronnie's mother, confidentially,  to put in his baby book.  It's a keeper.

When I was teacher, one of my little kindergarten girls brought me a note.  It said to excuse her from recess because it was so cold outside.  It was so obviously written by her second grade sister! I saved it and gave it to her parents when they came to conference.  I made them promise to not even mention it to the girls, but to save it and show it to them when they were adults. 

And yes, the little girl went outside for recess that morning, because I had recess duty and told her she had to go with me!

******************
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That note is just precious. I have a g-kid who has done a similar thing with a text note on her mom's phone!
Maybe I better not sign this!