Thursday, August 7, 2008

And Then There Was Max

This is Max
Click on images for a larger view
Meet Max. He was a Silkey Terrior, and the only dog I ever paid for. His registered name was "Blue Barnaby Maximillan". Isn't that ridiculous? He was about as cute a dog as you would ever see. But he was sure a pain in the neck. He somehow "sensed" if the front gate was open without actually seeing it, and that meant he was off. He was well known at several places around town, and Julie E. knew him well. For some reason, Julie usually just brought him home instead of putting him in "doggie jail". When I put chicken wire all around the fence to keep him in, he learned to climb the fence. I spent a lot of time looking for this darned dog.

The summer Tracy worked as a bartender, she would come home around 2:30 in the morning, and Max got out the gate one time and took off down the street. Tracy chased after him, and yelled at him to come to her. Of course he didn't, so she picked up a big rock and threw it. She couldn't even see him at the time, but somehow the rock hit him. He yipped and came back to her. From that time on, he minded Tracy pretty well!

****************************************

Another version of the old tree in Riverton that I photographed. This time I replaced all the buildings with bushes, and put in a new sky. I must have spent a long time on it.

*********************************

At art class yesterday, we went through some of the supplies the group has collected that we can buy. And of course I saw something I just had to have. I bought some textured clayboard, which is supposed to be really great for watercolors. Hope I can find time to try it out soon.

No comments: