Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday August 26

click on images for a larger version
I completed this pencil drawing of mules yesterday.

Somone said I should toot my own horn and publish this photo of a watercolor with the prize it won at the Sublette County Fair.

**********************************

I completed a pastel portrait yesterday, but after letting it alone overnight, I can see where I need to work on parts of it a lilttle more.

I finally started to use the Unison pastels. They are softer than I am used to, but I love them. I have started another portrait on a light tan piece of sanded paper. I have a wolf and a dog started, and need to work on them. I am doing the dog on velour paper, and am not sure how that will work.

It was so nice to spend uninterrupted time alone yesterday. I painted, and also made four DVD copies of VCR tapes. I was tired, and went to bed too early. Then of course I woke up about 6:00. I really hate that. Maybe I can convince myself to take a nap this afternoon so I can stay up later.

When I retired, I planned on taking naps, and watching one soap opera on a regular basis. I have never gotten around to taking naps, and I find that I can't stand soap operas.


No comments: