Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday August 23

I am hoping to be able to spend all afternoon upstairs on my art work. Seems like I haven't done any for ages. Last Wednesday was art group, and we had a video. I didn't work on anything. Thursday, Barrie and Kasey came over and stayed to eat. Friday, Gary and Kasey came and Gary helped me get the new VCR/DVD set up


Kasey, helping us look for the remote!
*****************************************
The new VCR/DVD player is a piece of work. The instructions on how to set it up were too complicated for any normal person to figure out. Too many options for different setups, and all I want to do is slip a tape or disc in it and have it work! And be able to record. We finally got it set up, but it's not right yet. If I turn the VCR off, the TV goes off. Now I have to figure out how to program the remotes. Right now, it takes three of them to operate the system. I will have to have a special little "tool apron" for all the remotes. And we discovered there is no way to turn the TV off except with a remote. There is no on/off button on the set itself. I did accomplish one thing this morning - I found the operating instructions for the VCR/DVD player recorder I have upstairs. It had gotten pushed out of the drawer and was on the floor underneath it.
**************************************
Probably Terry and I will the only ones at the next art group meeting. Judi and Vicky will be off to Texas, Pam's daughter is getting married, and Conley is visiting kids. The art group has a bunch of new supplies in, especially mats, and things need to be checked off the order list and prices marked. I told Terry I would help her with that.

No comments: