Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Smoke in the Sky - Thursday August 28

Funny-Looking Buffalo

Click on images to see larger version
This is a small (5" x 7") buffalo I painted yesterday at art group. on a blank greeting card. I really tried to be loose, use more vivid colors, and use backruns and blooms on purpose. I decided I would paint some greeting cards, and so far only have about three that I would consider a success. If nothing else, I paint the picture upside down so the card doesn't open correcly! You will notice that I labeled the top and bottom on this one.


This is the pastel portrait I have been working on. I did more work on her mouth this morning, and now I think I need to do more work on her ears. This one was not done with my new Unison pastels, but I am using them on the new portrait I started yesterday. They are so nice! They are softer than my old pastels, and I think the colors are more vivid. Also, I haven't noticed any little hard pieces of "grit" like my old pastels.

***********************************

Very smoky skies again. I have heard through the grapevine that a rancher up the Green decided to do a controlled burn, and it got away.

It's cold enough to close my windows at night now. I think it got down to 24 degrees Tuesday night. But the forecast says it is going to warm up again, then maybe rain for the Labor Day Weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Lynn Thomas' friend, Betty in Nevada. He isn't a funny looking Buffalo he's a Great-Looking-Buffalo!