Friday, August 8, 2008

Cool Afternoon

The temperature just went from 76 degrees to 62 in about 15 minutes this afternoon, when a nice rain shower went through. The NWS in Riverton always issues dire warnings for violent thunderstorms and flash flood warnings. I've never known their forecasts for the Upper Green to be accurate.

Anyway, the cool weather feels good. And it seems the New Fork Fire has been slowed down a lot by the weather. It is about 90% contained. It really didn't burn as long as expected, and it did have a lot of benefit to the forest, burning the beetle killed trees. The bad air seemed terrible to us at the time, but it looks like it is over. Well, at least until the next fire.

*****************************************

Tracy called shortly after noon and said they were heading out for Pinedale. It will take them about 7 1/2 or 8 hours. They will stay in the house tonight, then set up at Fremont Lake tomorrow. I mentioned in a previous post that they had their dog put to sleep, so he won't be with them. But they are bringing a dog that belongs to friends!

She forgot to put their newspaper "on vacation" and told me how to log on to the Denver Post site, gave me their account number, and I was able to do it for them. Aren't computers wonderful??

My friend Toni has borrowed a life jacket for Casey from her son and daughter-in-law, so Casey will be able to go out in the boat on Sunday afternoon.

I spent some time today trying to make the house presentable - mostly sweeping and mopping the kitchen and dining room. Also cleaned the coffee pot (they get so gross after a time of use). Did a little more cleaning in the kitchen, and started to fold laundry. I can do the laundry and dry it, but am terrible about getting it folded and put away. Well, I didn't finish with the laundry.

**************************************

Click on photos for a larger image
I took this photo of an icicle last winter on a warm day, and caught the drop coming off.

Forgot I did this watercolor of a cat some time ago. I had a hard time with it.

***********************************

Tracy and Paul arrived, earlier than I expected them. I just fixed some stir fry with rice, we have eaten, and are watching the Olympics. Missed the opening ceremories. Darn.


No comments: