Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday - August 25, 2008

Click on images for a larger version Old Gate - Pencil Drawiwng

Can't leave those colored pencils alone.

**********************************
Today I think I will lock myself in my room and paint! I haven't done any painting for about a week. Last Tuesday Gary and Kasey were here, Barrie and Kasey were here Thursday and stayed for supper. Gary and Kasey were here on Friday, Barrie and Kasey were here Saturday and stayed for supper, and Gary and Kasey were here yesterday and stayed for supper. That's a lot of company for an old recluse like me!

The new DVD recorder is still messed up. At least the remote controls are. It works OK - I experimented with it a little bit yesterday and was able to copy some stuff from a VCR to a DVD. But I can't turn the player off with the remote - it turns the TV off instead.

So I think I will begin to copy some VCR tapes on the upstairs system. Barrie brought one of our favorite movies - Spirit of the Wind. And I will see if I can get a copy made on a DVD. It is about Geogre Attla, a famous old Alaskan sled dog racer.

We have smoky skies again today, as I guess the New Fork Fire has kicked up. I get so amused at the Forest Service. They can't refer to it as a "fire". They call it an "incidence". They also say the fire won't go out until a "season-ending event". I guess it would sound too common to just say "when it snows".

I read on a Rainbow blog that their big summer gathering will be held in New Mexico next summer.

*******************************

How come we choose from just two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America?

**********************************

No comments: