Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Day at the Lake

Kasey on her first boat ride.
Click on images for a larger version
Kasey had her first boat ride today at Fremont Lake. Paul and Tracy are camped up there, and Gary brought Kasey up this afternoon, and we went out in their boat. I was very disappointed with the pictures I got of her. Sometimes she was squealing and jumping up and down with delight, and instead of taking pictures, we were watching her and laughing at her. Thank you, Lynn and Erica for the use of the life jacket!

It rained most of the night, but cleared off this morning. We had a bright, warm day with no wind. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather to spend the day on the lake in a boat. The clouds began to move in about 4:00, which was about the time we were ready to call it a day. It is cool, windy, and raining right now.

Kasey was asleep before we got back to town. She had a very exciting day. Tracy and Paul really enjoyed her. Gary has her again Tuesday afternoon, and he told Paul and Tracy he wants to come up again.

**********************************************
Living on the Edge


I still can't believe I did this. Here is the little skunk who is eating my cat food. He was on the front porch this afternoon, less than five feet from the door. I quietly eased the door open, then even had the nerve (or stupidity) to ease the screen door open. He was so busy eating he didn't even notice. I did stand back a bit while I took the pictures, but I know it was a dumb thing to do. He noticed the sound of the camera shutter, but it didn't seem to bother him much.

****************************************

No comments: