Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday August 31

Yummy Enchiladas

Barrie wasn't lying when she said she made good enchiladas. She brought chicken enchiladas for supper, and they were delicious.

I gave her my old laptop computer. I had a wireless internet card for it, and it found my home wireless internet, but we couldn't get it on line. I have done a little more reading, and think maybe my wireless network is protected, but we are hoping she can get on the public wireless servers, like at the library and Rock Rabbit, and motels. There's got to be a way to add that computer to my network, but I haven't figured out how. The main thing she needs it for is to practice her typing, and how to use Microsoft Office applications. And I even found a CD with "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing" on it. So we installed it on her computer.

There were some photos on that computer that I had forgotten about, and I tried to copy them to a CD so I could put them on the hard drive of my desktop computer. The laptop could not cooperate - gave me the message that it couldn't write to that CD, and to use a different one. I tried several, and I know nothing was wrong with them, but never did get the computer to write to a CD. Maybe another day.

******************************************


Barrie also brought her camera and we downloaded some pictures and I printed some out for her. This is Kasey a couple of months ago, eating her chocolate birthday cupcake.

************************************

No comments: