Saturday, August 30, 2008

Salads are Coming

Click on images for a larger version

You may remember I bought a patio tomato plant this summer. It is blooming, and will hopefully bear tomatoes. The last one I had lived for two years in the dining room window, and put out lots of tomatoes - some of them almost baseball size. This one might just be cherry tomatoes, I don't know what to expect. And next to it, I have planted lettuce in my little AeroGarden. I have grown lettuce in it before, and I had more lettuce than I could eat.

So hopefully, one of these days, I will be eating lots of salad!

Barrie called and she and Kasey are coming over this afternoon. She said she will make enchiladas and bring them. She has been bragging about what good enchiladas she makes. And she wants me to get some pictures off her camera and print some.


***********************************

I forgot and left two windows open downstairs last night, and when I got up this morning, the furnace was running. I thought I had the thermostat set at 60, but it was at 65 - so who knows how much propane I wasted!

I woke up to the smell of smoke again this morning. It really doesn't bother me much, but I know a lot of people are complaining about difficulty in breathing, and burning eyes.

click to enlarge

Another "Calvin" cartoon - is this "home schooling"?


No comments: