Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Visit from Kasey

Click on images for a larger view
Gary brought Kasey over yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours. I don't have many toys, but she loves the rain stick I have on the table in the living room. And I have a couple of little soft birds that sing when you squeeze them. She's not used to having so much room to explore, and she enjoys just walking around my house.
******************************************


My poppies are all dried up and ugly now, but they were sure pretty when they were blooming. I thought I might attempt to paint them, but I am not very good with flowers.

***********************************
Tracy called this morning. They plan on leaving for Pinedale sometime Friday. They have a campsite reserved at the lake for the week. I hope we don't have to wear masks to breathe while they are here.
I have been woken up by the smell of smoke in the middle of night several times. Before I am really awake, I think I have a house fire - and then remember how the smoke seems to settle in town every night. I think the forest service personnel would be put to good use by patrolling around the forest and taking people's matches away from them.
**************************************

No comments: