Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday August 18

More Photo Organizing

Click im images for a larger view
I'm still sorting through photos on my hard drive, trying to organize them in files that make sense and will make something easy to find if I am looking for it - if I know what I am looking for. When my mom began to fail, I made many trips over South Pass. This portion of the road always looks so lonesome and desolate. One day I just stopped and photographed it. I liked the way the sky looked, and also liked the fact that there wasn't another car in sight.

I once took a photo class at the Teton Science School, back when I shot slides. The instructor took us up on this mountain, a storm came through, and we all took pictures like crazy. The photographer kept saying "promise me you won't sue me if we get struck by lightning". Well, none of us got hit, and I only got one good picture. In those days, we had to wait until the slides came back before we knew what we had!

______________________________________

Photo Scavenger Hunt

My Internet photography group has a monthly scavenger hunt. Sometimes it takes a lot of thinking and imaginatioin to come up with photos for the subjects. Here are a couple:

The word for this was "empty"


The word for this was "scents of the season.


The word for this was "unusual". I didn't come up with this myself - I had seen something similar somewhere that made me think of it.

*****************************************

It's a lazy day. I haven't done much, and now I'm ready to go upstairs and struggle along with the soft pastels. Seems like they weren't so hard for me to work with years ago! I'm not sure I should have started with a portrait. But as usual, I look at all my mistakes as a learning experience.


No comments: