Sunday, September 27, 2009

Meat and Groceries


The Locker Plant in Jackson
*******************************

Barrie and I went to Jackson today to get wild game meat scraps from the locker plant. She brought home about 8 five gallon buckets full of scraps. Lots of meat. She has a big gas cooker with her 40 gallon pot in the garage, and is cooking it right now. I can smell it upstairs. It's not a bad smell, but is not making me hungry!

We went to Smith's before we got the meat, and I bought a bunch of groceries. I still like to get meat at Specialty Meats, but I did buy some in Jackson today. Anything to keep from having to go to Ridley"s!

Jackson was a madhouse. We were going to eat lunch some place nice - one place was closed, and there were absolutely no places to park anywhere near Bubba's, Wendy's, and The Virginian. We ended up at the Dairy Queen on the south side of town. Not a bad lunch, but fast food is fast food.

The trees driving through the Hoback were beautiful, especially around The Rim. But I didn't even take any pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Duene! I was at Rendezvous Point to pick up blood work and finally saw your art wall. Beautiful!!!! Your group does fantastic art, it was great to see.

Betty