Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday


Click on images for a larger view
Tracy sent me this picture she took yesterday of a bird sitting on their deck. She thought it was an immature Golden Eagle. I don't know if that's what it is or if it is a hawk of some kind. I think the board it is sitting on is a 2" x 6" - so is it big enough to be an eagle? Does anyone else know what it is?



I'm not sure if I ever posted a picture of the view from Paul and Tracy's deck in Colorado. This is three photos "stitched" together. I think if I lived there, I would sit and stare out the glass doors all day!

*****************************

I had planned on finishing a drawing today, but somehow never got in the mood for it. Instead, I did some kitchen/dishwasher stuff, some garbage out of the basement and refrigerator, did some laundry, and my favorite of all jobs, cleaned the cat's litter box.

Barrie got all the meat from the locker plant cooked up and put away - in her freezer, I assume. We will go again next Sunday for another load. She said all the cats showed up at the garage door while she was cooking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous view. Tracy is taking after you with great photos. JAM

Anonymous said...

My guess is it is a hawk not a golden eagle.

rwm

Anonymous said...

It is a Red Tailed Hawk.
Immature Golden Eagles are very large even when they leave the nest. As soon as they are old enough to leave the neaps they are very dark to start with hardly any white on them. As they age they start to get the white head feathers of an adult bird. Their beak is dark also, but will turn yellow as they age also.
R

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, someone had asked about a Golden Eagle, They look a lot like an immature Bald Eagle. Mostly dark colored feathers.
R