Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday

Some very old pictures I just got scanned. Bill and Alice brought me some old pictures my Mom had put aside in an envelope with my name on it. They must have been extra copies of some she had in her photo albums.


Click on images for a larger view
I'm pretty sure my uncle took this of me when he was home on leave from the Air Force in WWII. He was a photographer in the Air Force and had a super camera with him. This was taken at our house in Albin, Wyoming. I remember the rabbit thingy on the wall. It held two spools of thread and the carrot was made of fabric and was a pin cushion.

The calendar was from the Albin Lumber Company. It showed a scene with very large mountains. Albin was on a very flat plain without even a hill in sight!

I also remember the piano - my Mom decided one time I should have lessons. I learned to hide when it was time.



My uncle Bill, my Mom's brother, ranched in eastern Wyoming. I think this was taken somewhere near Hawk Springs. That is my cousin with me, Cleo Ray. I loved to go there because I got to ride the old gentle horse they had. Cleo would rather play the clarinet and raise flowers. He is the University Librarian at the University of Adelaide in Australia. Definitely not born to be a rancher.



Hmmm. Is this Kasey or Barrie?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your 'baloney' curls in the rabbit picture. Interesting details you remember. It is only the color that gives it away as Barrie. Great blog! JAM