Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday

Click on image for a larger view
This is a drawing I did some time ago on dark grey paper with graphite and probably a white pastel pencil. I've always liked it, and don't know why I've never photographed it before. I don't always have good luck saving the whites in my watercolors, so colored paper and white pencils are really nice to use.

*******************************
I hope Barrie and I can get our act together this afternoon. We haven't yet taken our drive up Skyline. Hopefully, this afternoon. Kasey went to the doctor this morning with another ear infection. She is on allergy medicine now for a while. She doesn't feel bad, and she now has her own watercolors to take out for plein air painting. Should be fun!

I ruined the watercolor greeting card I started on yesterday. I saved the back of the card for a small painting and threw the rest away.

Early this morning (and most mornings), the sky was a beautiful golden-peach color. Instead of finishing something I have already started, I have begun a new one trying to show the early morning sky. I think I got the color pretty close, maybe not quite bright enough. Now I have to put something on the horizon and the foreground.

Judi and Lenore both bought a packet of my greeting cards yesterday. That gave me a good feeling. But if I am going to keep making them, I need to make some plans on marketing them. I'm not good at that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy aspens! Judi