Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday

Click on images for a laarger view
While cleaning out another corner of my computer room, I found an envelope of very old pictures. At first I couldn't even remember where they came from. Seems they were some of my grandparents photos that had never been identified. I'm not sure how I ended up with them.

The photo above was very small, not in very good shape, and I had no idea what it was except that it was a lot of armed men. After I scanned it at a high resolution, and made some improvements in Photoshop, I could make it out better. Looking at it full size on the computer screen, I see it is a photo taken of what I assume was a wolf hunt. I guess it could be coyotes, but I think those are dead wolves hanging on the wagon. I think this was probably taken somewhere in Nebraska. There are sure a lot of guns! I think I will google "early Nebraska wolf hunt" today to see if I can find some information.
*****************************


This cow moose was on the ditchbank in my back yard last night. She is one of the biggest I have ever seen! I never saw a calf around her. It was almost dark, and hard to get a decent photo of her.
*********************
Today in History:
1949 - "The Lone Ranger" premiered on ABC. Clayton Moore was the Lone Ranger and Jay Silverheels was Tonto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS old photo. Just as good as any on Old Pic of Day...and much more interesting. Don't you wish you could send it to PMJ?
Judi

MOM/Gina said...

Wonderful old photo....