Friday, September 25, 2009

Plein Air Painting

Click on images for a larger view
Kelly Park


Plein Air Painting

The Artist at Work



Potty Training, Wyoming Style

Barrie and Kasey and I drove up to Elkheart Park this afternoon. The fall colors were beautiful, but there are so many beetle killed trees that it is sad. We stopped at Kelly Park for Kasey and me to do some plein air painting.

Kasey really enjoyed painting outside, and loved her new set of watercolors. She used black a lot - I don't use black, so she thought that was pretty neat.

I am a lousy plein air artist - I just ended up with a mess, but it is still fun.

Had a "skunk alarm" go off about 8:00 last night. Jarvi and Shorty started barking in the back yard, and we immediately got the strong odor. Brought the dogs in, and smelled it a while, but it seems to be clear now, so I guess the dogs didn't get sprayed.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My g-daughters drove me crazy last winter when we'd be out on an adventure or hiking and they would NOT do the potty "Wyoming Style" thing. Good for Kasey, getting it down-pat early on. You're not saving that picture for her HS graduation, are you? JAM

Hank Ruland said...

Heck yes, paint away on that cabin picture or any of them for that matter.

Hank

Sally said...

Skunks were out in force last night. My company was hoping to dodge them!