Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday

Ah! Got the cordless keyboard fixed this morning. All it took was stealing two batteries from Barrie's remote control! Not to worry - I replaced them with battteries from my DVD player remote.

Tracy called this morning. They have a campsite reserved at Fremont the 28th through Labor Day. She's not sure they are going to be able to make it because of things going on in their life right now. Good things, not bad things. And no, she's not pregnant!





Anyone recognize this place? Yes, it's Sandy Beach. Tracy used to take Bars up there and ride him in the lake. I'm pretty sure the beach cops would not allow that now.


My brother Bill, in our Grandad's hat.

In 1929, my Grandad and his brothers went to Chicago to play in a baseball tournament - the championship game for the World Brothers League. Except for two nephews, the team was made up of all Marlatt brothers. Our dad was one of the nephews, and come to think of it, the hat may have been his. They lost the game, by the way. But when they went, they all wore big hats and hairy chaps. None of them were cowboys.

My mom gave this hat and some other things to the museum in Torrington. They never displayed any of it, so my brother stopped in there one day and took the hat back.


1 comment:

Roger said...

I'll bet that the horse like the trips into the water also.