Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday

My brother tells me the hat he has belonged to our great grandfather. This picture is from a Chicago newspaper in 1929. Great grandfather is in the back row, center, next to his wife. My dad is kneeling in front, wearing his school sweater with three stripes on the sleeve.

*************************
The mesh stand for my laptop computer came, and I wish I had gotten one a long time ago. The computer gets more ventilation, so doesn't get so hot. And the keyboard is tilted, which I really like.

Read in the news this morning that the big tree that Anne Frank wrote about in her diary blew down during a storm.

Also read that some guy in Florida was picked up for the fourth time by the cops for driving a lawnmower down the street drunk. I bet he was a fun neighbor.

I actually watched TV yesterday. I watched Paul Newman in the western "Hombre." You know, that guy with the blue eyes? I had seen it years ago, and forgotten that he dies in the end. Bummer.

There was one line in particular in the movie that tickled me. Hombre and another guy are waiting in the rocks for the outlaws to come back to kill them. Hombre tells him "Try not to puke. You may have to lay in it for a long time."

No comments: