Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday

Now playing on XM Radio - Toby Keith, "Down in the Trailerhood." I think I used to live there!


Kasey was playing in her stock tank yesterday. She got so cold her teeth were chattering, but she didn't want to get out. Barrie made her sit in the sun a while, and she hauled about 4 big buckets of hot water out and added to the tank. Much better!




Barrie was working on trees when I got home today. She cut three huge branches out of the big pine tree in the front yard. One of them was hanging out over the carport. Then she took some branches off a cottonwood tree in the back yard. Then she mowed the lawn. She hauled all the branches off. She makes me tired!

***************************

Vicky went through our cupboards in the art room at Rendezvous Pointe today and got all the mats out to see what we had. (We have lots!) Then she and Nancy and I matted some more paintings for the silents auction. Rendezvous Pointe is having a silent auction of our art work during the blood draw, September 10. I think.

My sister-in-law called me this afternoon. She had read that I had a flower pot blow off the shelf on my head. She was leaning over putting clothes in the washing machine and a wine bottle fell off the shelf onto her head. She had to go to the hospital. I think she said she had six stitches.

She always has to one-up me!!

Alice took Mom shopping for a new couch once. Mom was sitting on the couch to try it out, and a rolled up carpet fell on her head.
So I guess I better forget about the little silk plant that fell on me!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a TV fall on my head. It was a few years ago.....I looked like a wounded war guy for a few days with all the bandages wrapped around my head.

Betty

Roger said...

You people have to quit putting your heads under things that fall down.

Duene said...

Betty, Yikes!

Roger, my sister-in-law was doing laundry. I never admitted were I was. Actually, I was sitting on the toilet.

Duene

Duene said...

Betty, Yikes!

Roger, my sister-in-law was doing laundry. I never admitted were I was. Actually, I was sitting on the toilet.

Duene

Anonymous said...

dad one uped you too, he fell off the ladder onto his sawhorse and hurt his ear. it looks so sore!
barrie

Duene said...

Hey, you took my ladder away from me. Why don't you take his away?