Friday, August 6, 2010

Reading

Now playing on XM radio - Brad Paisley "I'd Like to Check You for Ticks."

_____________________________

For someone who loves to read, I think I have really neglected reading my entire life. John Steinbeck, for example. I'm sure most people were required to read him during high school or college, but I never was. I've seen the movie "Grapes of Wrath, but never read the book.

So I am on a Steinbeck kick. I just finished "Of Mice and Men" today, and it was a great book. I also have "Grapes of Wrath" and "Travels With Charley". Am looking forward to reading them both.



**************************
It's been quiet today - no fireworks from the neighbors.
****************
A recent horoscope:
You feel a bit out of control and lavish -- and uncharacteristically unconcerned with whether or not you're spoiling anyone. On the other hand, your penny-pinching nature is screaming desperately in the depths of your mind, begging you to remember next month's credit card bills.
What penny-pinching nature?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tortilla flats is good, love steinbeck. will the ones i haven't read make it downstairs? i think that larry mcmurtry is steinbeck inspired. too bad i got kicked out of book club!
barrie

Duene said...

I'll share! But are you reading "Blacktop Cowboys?"

Anonymous said...

That's funny, you live in the same house and have write comments to each other.

Judi said...

I think I read all 3 of those but the one that sticks in my mind was Travels with Charley. I can still picture his 'washing machine' setup in the back of the pickup. Too funny.