Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday

After oil painting class today, I went to the bank to cash a check and get my signature notarized.  Got check cashed, but didn't have my drivers license with me, so couldn't get my signature notarized.  Came home, got drivers license and went to the courthouse.  Got my signature notarized, and wasn't in the right building to turn the form in.  So I had to go to the old library, which has been converted to a court building.  I never saw so many STOP notices or warning signs before.  Finally a woman came out and took the form.

At both the bank and courthouse, I never saw one person I knew, and none of them were friendly.

I remember when they used to leave the outer door at the courthouse open at night so Micky McKnight could sleep in there if he wanted.

The form I had notarized was an application to be excused from jury duty because of my age.  The instructions said anyone over 72 can be excused.  Finally!  I have found a positive side to getting old!

Someone asked me why people over 72 were excused.  I thought probably it was because we could have dimentia, or we had to go to the bathroom too often


3 comments:

DADD said...

That must be one tough kitten that all those German Shipyards are afraid of it. Either that or they are at obedience school and have been told to stay. Good doggies.

I don't care who you are, that had to bring a small smile to your face

DADD said...

I vote for the having to pee to often.

Judi said...

You had a very busy day & you didn't even include the PO or Ridley's! Did you go home & take a nap? After peeing, of course! LOL