Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday

Yesterday was not a very productive day.  First, I ruined the sky on a new watercolor attempt of the old church.  Then I got red oil paint on the sleeve of my shirt and smeared it on the top of the drawing table.

Maybe today I will just read.

******************



Someone posted this on Facebook to share.  Makes me laugh.  I used to teach kindergarteners to do this!

This is just a "feel good" picture.

******************************

The top three mushers in the Iditarod will be leaving White Mountain this morning for the last 22 mile stretch into Nome.  They had a required eight hour layover in White Mountain.  Dallas Seavey will leave first, Aily Zirkle will be about an hour behind him, and Ramey Smyth an hour behind  her.  It's an exciting finish!

2 comments:

Judi said...

Is Dallas Seavey the son of Mitch who has raced the Itidarod for years? When I taught 1st grade we always had an Itidarod Week and one year we checked each day to see where Mitch was because we had a 'Mitch' in class. Seems like that was a lifetime ago.

Duene said...

Yes, he's the son of Mitch. Mitch placed 7th this year.