Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday

Nothing happening here. I've been looking through photos on my computer to get an idea for my next oil painting, and am posting a couple of old pictures.



This is what I did when retired, before I took up drawing and painting.  I think I finished fourteen or fifteen full sized quilts before I had my fill of it.  I still have a few quilt tops that haven't been quilted, and several tops in progress.  I have it all stashed away where I don't see it.  This humongous quilt frame is dismantled and is under my bed.



Barrie and Max, my "cute" dog.  Max was the only dog I ever paid money for.  He was a Silky Terrior.  Ever notice how close the word "terrior" is to "terror"?  Believe it.  Max was well known around town, because he was a master of escape, and if he was on the run, he didn't come back when called.  Spent many hours chasing this little rat down.  Even when he was so old he was almost deaf and blind, he would excape and bum around town.

*********************

I really hope my tax money isn't paying for this research!

Mice born with an extra female chromosome have much greater sex drives than their typical male counterparts, according to new research.  And even more interesting, the same findings may apply to human men with Klinefelter's Syndrome, who are genetically XXY, as opposed to the typical chromosome patterns of XY for males and XX for females

1 comment:

Judi said...

Cute picture of Barrie!