Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday

While looking for a photo to publish today, I looked through the folder of pictures I took when Barrie, Kasey and I took a road trip to Montana.  We went to the area where Barrie used to live, and I enjoyed seeing all her old hangouts and meeting some of her old friends.

 Look how little Kasey is!  We were having a "tailgate party" in the parking lot of a little store in Lincoln, Montana.  This was three years ago, in the spring of 2009.


The Headwaters of the Missouri River where the Jefferson, Madison and Gallatin Rivers come together.  Taken near Three Forks, Montana.


This poor little guywas stuck in a flower pot at the back door of the owner's apartment at a motel we stayed at one night.  It made me laugh.  Somebody ripped his head off, so no more smelling the flowers for him.

Wish I could remember what town we were in.  It was a memorable night.  Barrie had a bad cough, and our phone rang late at night.  The woman who owned the motel told me the guy in the next room had called her to complain about the coughing.  She apologized, and said if by any chance the guy called our room, I should just hang up and ignore him.  We got a kick out of that.

The next morning we went in a cafe downtown for breakfast and sat next to a group of locals.  A woman was complaining about her mother-in-law.  She told the group her mother-in-law owned the (Rusty Spur maybe?) motel, and she was a real witch. 

I had the urge to turn around and ask the woman if she was the one who ripped the head off the little guy  on the "smell the flowers" sign.  Bet she did.



No comments: