Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday

I got up at 6:00 this morning (still dark) to go to the bathroom, and a mouse ran across my bare foot with Kat in hot pursuit.  Sure enough, she left its little carcass right by my chair at the drawing table.  Mice don't bother me a bit, but I'd rather not have it run up my pants leg.


I can't begin to tell you  how good these are.  Barrie made hamburgers on the little outdoor grill last night.  Good meat on a warm bun, cheese, onions, lettuce and tomato. 

*************************

I actually got some work done today on an old car I am painting in watercolor.  I might actually finish it this week! 

The oil paintings are a different story.  Slow, slow, slow.  I have four in progress now, and am not starting any new  ones.

**********************

This is another Photo of the Day from National Geographic.  This shows Flamingo chicks, photographed in Africa.  Aren't they incredible?



3 comments:

Judi said...

My mother was 'famous' for her fear of mice. It all started when she was a teen & saw a movie in which a mouse ran up a man's leg. One time she saw a mouse in her trailer late at night & called the police. Jack Cain had to go & deal with it. He couldn't find the mouse so he had to drive her to a friend's house.

Judi said...

It was a Harold Lloyd movie.

Duene said...

Remember the poem (in one of the first grade readers, I think)

I think mice are rather nice;
Their tails are long, their faces small;
They haven't any chins at all.
Their ears are pink, their teeth are white,
They run about the house at night;
They nibble things they shouldn't touch,
and, no one seems to like them much,
but, I think mice are rather nice.