Friday, May 11, 2012

Ish

Don't try to tell me my house is not inhabited by little gremlins, or something.  (The Indians call them 'Little People'.)  I have been trying to print from my laptop to the printers downstairs.  Nothing.  This morning, I turned on the desktop computer downstairs, and both printers started spitting out pages.  Those documents and pictures have been floating around somewhere out in space, and just this morning found their way home.  I printed several things after that, and printer sharing works just like it is supposed to.

**************************

What is an "Ish"?  This is the title of a free Kindle book I downloaded a couple weeks ago.  According to the book, and "Ish" is a random, eclectic statement intended to provoke emotion.  A wanton expression or point of view. It's an entertaining little book and took only about 30 minutes to read. Here are a few:

Don't name your son 'Dick'.  That's mean.

Let your car sunroof back in the dead of winter and blast the heat on the inside.

Drink champagne with your turkey sandwich

Perfection only exists in the mind.  Be flexible.

Trim your toenails before making love.

Try everything TWICE before deciding you don't like it.

A vacuum cleaner is not a birthday gift.  It's a hint.

Artificial plants grow best in artificial light.


My friend Cat posted this photo on Facebook, and I asked her for a high resolution copy of it.  Drawing or painting?  Can't decide, but I know I want to do something with it.  Thanks, Cat.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Nice photo, Cat. Those hills in the background look like striped candy.