Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday



A big trailer load of feed sacks is being unloaded down at the old B&B building.  Looks like they are about ready.  Their big indoor arena out at Boulder is called "Crossfire Arena" and I think this is going to be called "Crossfire Feed".   I feel a little shock every time I look down there and see how much it's been cleaned up.

*********************

I just can't work up much enthusiasm for painting, but I seem to have a pencil in  my hand a lot.  Here is one I started on last night.


This was a photo Lana Kopenheifer posted on Facebook from a camping trip.  I asked her if I could use it.  She even told me who the guy is, and he is an old first grade student of  mine.

I did the black background with charcoal.  Then I sprayed it with fixative.  Bad choice.  First, the fixative is reworkable, which means I can still work on the drawing.  But it seems to have changed the texture  of the paper a little.  Also, the lines of the drawing are now permanent, so I can't erase or change them.  If I do a charcoal background again, I will wait and do it last.

1 comment:

Judi said...

You always choose the best poses for the pictures you sketch. Those 'fixed' lines are bad news though. Good luck.