Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday

Bill and Alice came yesterday afternoon, and left for home (Shoshoni) after lunch today.  We had such a good visit, like we always do.  I even managed to palm off a few things from my Food Basket pile on them!

Kasey was very excited about her birthday gifts.  I guess great minds run in the same channels.  Bill and Alice brought her some petunia plants for her planters, and I gave her $20 to spend at Beau's on plants and potting soil. 




You can see from the photo that Kasey loves her flowers.



 
 Barrie is reading my card to Kasey telling her what the $20 is for. The books on the table were sent to her by my neice, Barbara (Mike's wife).  They are books I bought Braxton when he was little, and now they have been "regifted" to KC.



This is what happened to some of the flowers last fall.  After Karma and the other pups finished the flowers, they started on the overly ripe chokecherries on the ground (fermented, I think), and got drunk.  I had heard of birds doing that, but these pups definitely were tipsy.


2 comments:

DADD said...

Isn't it great that something so simple can make her so happy

Judi said...

It is nice that Kasey has that horticulture interest. Picture is so cute.