Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday

I've worked on a charcoal drawing a little today, but I'm not too ambitious.  I was enthused about this drawing when I started, but I'm trying to draw realistic folds and wrinkles in a shirt, and that is SO hard.

One of the lambs in Cat's photo has his head down.  I googled images for lamb to see if I could find something that would help me change the composition a  bit.  I was so surprised.  All the photos of ewes and lambs I looked at showed the ewes unshorn.    By the time the lambs were the size of most I saw, shouldn't the ewes have been sheared?

Question:  Is it "sheared" or "shorn"?  I think probably "shorn" is correct, but it doesn't feel right to use that word. 

Also, is it "shoed" or "shod"? "Shod" is probably right, but who says that?  Don't you say "I need to get my horse shoed." 

************************

 I spent time this morning playing with Photoshop on my computer.  I have a collection of PS trips and tricks, and today I converted a photograph to a pencil drawing.  Kind of fun.


The photo.



Converted to a pencil drawing.

This involves duplicating layers, changing overlay mode, and applying a guassian blur.  Not for the faint hearted, and I would never be able to do it without following the step by step instructions.

2 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

I always say "shod".

Judi said...

Please tell Tracy she looks gorgeous. I can't post comments on her new blog.....or her old one either, for that matter!