Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday

So did you like how the Derby ended yesterday?  I loved it!  A horse that didn't seem to get a lot of media attention or "picks" pulled through and won it.  The little jockey was so cute.  He looked about 15 years old.  When they started to interview him, his first words were "I don't know what to say" and then he couldn't seem to stop talking.

My pick, Hanson, was in third for much of the race.  Then he kind of just faded back.  I'm not sure where he finished.

************************


Did you see the "super moon?"  It was a pretty moon, but I like the moon in the fall months better.  I never see the moon rise.  It has to come up over the mountains first, then the hill behind my house, then the thick stand of cottenwood trees.  So it's pretty high in the sky by the time I get a good look at it.

*******************

I'm listening to Jimmy Buffet sing "The Weather is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful" on my iPod.


1 comment:

MOM/Gina said...

I have no idea where Gemologist came in...wound up talking to my girls during the race and it was a hoot. They called from Cheyenne...and we all agreed it was neat how it came out.