Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday

I lay in bed early this morning, watching the sky and the weather.  It was just beginning to get light.  I love the peach color of the sky when the sun is just beginning to come up.  The sky in the west was an inky black color, and as I watched, the snow came down and it looked like thick fog.  Then the sun came up over the mountain and hit the trees on the west side of town.  Incredible sight, but for such a short time  I didn't have time to get a camera.

The ground was white this morning, but the snow's already melted.

************************

Tracy sent me this picture this morning.  Daisy was "helping" her clean out an irrigation ditch.  Daisy loves mud.

*************************


 B&B is being cleaned to the bare bones.  I don't know what it looks like on the inside, but some windows and one back door have been boarded up.  And probably two or three dumpsters full of stuff hauled off.


This is the back part, where "stuff" has been piled for at least 40 years. You can see a corner of the big dumpster on the left.  I'm on the hill above it and that is a power line across the center of the picture.  The fence has been straightened, and the old droopy overhang has been torn down.  There's a little shed in the corner, and I don't know if they'll take that out or not.  There will be water standing in this area all summer, so I don't know what they plan to use it for. 

Do you have your favorite picked for the Derby this afternoon? 


1 comment:

Judi said...

It really does look better now. Thanks for keeping us up to date from the backside view.