Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday

Nice, quiet retirement community - NOT.  There is a huge truck outside my window with a big tube noisily sucking something from a big hole in the street.  Or maybe they were pumping something into it.  There were about ten men standing around.  Oh, did I mention a noisy helicopter was flying low overhead?



***********************
 
I am wearing a red shirt today, and the humming birds are checking me out through the window, and wondering why they can't get to me.
 
*******************
 
I knew the printer was too good to be true.  Well, maybe.  I tried to print a 5" x 7" photo with Photoshop.  I got a little confused on orientation and photo placement.  Finally downloaded the free printing program that came with the printer - you know, to make calendars, cards, etc., and got it printed.  The problem now is with the glossy photo paper.  The HP ink doesn't seem to like the surface of the paper.  It did a better job with plain paper.  I don't really like glossy prints anyway, so will see if I have some matte finish paper somewhere.
 
****************
 
 
 Tracey tried out the new clubs at the Gypsum Creek course in Gypsum CO over the weekend.

 
And Barrie worked on her truck with her Dad.  KC was visiting with Kelly.
 
**********************
 
This is for you, Barrie!
 
 
**************************
 
 Here is something everyone HAS TO add to their Christmas list!
 
 

 The Vermont Novelty Toaster Corporation sells custom toasters that can toast the image of a person’s face into bread. The company starts by transforming the customer’s high resolution photo into a metal plate with the help of Photoshop and a CNC plasma cutter. The plate is then fitted into a special toaster for the final toasting effect.
 
I guess this would be called a "selfie toaster"?

 
 
 

2 comments:

Judi said...

That Selfie Toaster is just too silly. How do you find these things, Duene?

Duene said...

MSN News, Judi. New stuff several times a day~