Saturday, July 5, 2014

Saturday

I think Kat's heart rate has returned to normal after last night's fireworks.  Too bad she missed them from wherever she was hiding.  They were beautiful.

 
I used to set up one of my camera bodies on a tripod, fiddle with all the settings, and use a cable to trip the shutter and hold it open.  I got some nice pictures that way but last night I just snapped pictures with my little compact camera, and the images were surprisingly good.


We have a butterfly!  and Kasey is not here to see it.  It's still drying its wings.  One caterpillar died, and one is hanging on the fabric but hasn't entered the chrysalis stage yet.

********************
 
I was not happy with my last pen and ink drawing attempt.  I thought the "dots" were too large.  I was using a 3X0 size nib.  So I put ink in the 4x0 pen yesterday, and can't get it to work.  So, of course, I have to buy a new pen.   
 
*******************
 
I have a butterfly stretching its wings, a humming bird at the feeder, and a baby robin looking at me through the window.  Can't decide which to watch!


1 comment:

Judi said...

What kind of butterflies did you buy?
At this point the body looks like a moth but the antenna is butterfly.
Hope Kasey gets over there to check on her 'pets'.